Arielle of Something Navy has been a blogger I have been following since before I knew what blogging was. Following her journey for years, I have seen her style evolve and a dream of creating a collection come true. Her past collections have been beautiful but I was, unfortunately, unable to purchase anything I desired since it sold out SO DAMN FAST! This time around I was determined to sit by my ancient MacBook Pro and get at least 1-2 items. Mission accomplished.
Fall weather had been slow to approach here in NYC – so I decided to take a leap and splurge on some new items. Lately, I’ve been feeling as if my style is evolving into a new chapter. The esthetic remains the same of what I have always loved – graphic tees, jeans, converse, anything and everything athleisure. For some reason, I feel as if it has gone to a somewhat more mature level. So without any more babbles… let’s jump into what I did purchase.
My daily wear is pretty casual. I prefer comfort over anything, this Target jacket I found is perfect for feeling comfortable and looking presentable. Finding a jacket that can be worn 100 different ways means I am getting my moneys worth, and I am all about having an item in my closet that gives me options. Read More
Sterotypical shirt for me right? Nothing to wear. I knew I had to pair this shirt with a really awesome look, the problem is I thought of 100’s of them! Settling on these velvet wide leg pants I picked up in La Jolla, I realized I went back to my typical color combo: black, white and hints of gold. These pants are extremely comfortable and comes in a “one size fits all” notion. Even when purchasing these I was slightly hesitant but they fit perfectly! Since the waist band is stretchy I was able to wear them as high waisted, well I really had no other choice since I am short.
Of course you wouldn’t see me in anything else but converse sneakers. They really are my go to daily sneakers. I work in NYC and everybody is walking everywhere, you have to be comfortable. These sneakers go with just about everything, as you’ve seen over the past year I tend to pair them with almost everything.
- Dynamite “Nothing to Wear” Shirt UPDATE! BACK IN STOCK | Similar option here |
- Heavenly Couture Velvet Wide Leg Pants (only available in olive)
- Celine Andrea Sunglasses
- Converse Sneakers
- Spiked Crystal Necklace (archives) |Similar options from Bauble Bar Greta Choker , Amazon Crystal Spiked Choker , Gold Spiked Necklace |
- MVMT Black Watch
- Gorjana Black Onyx Bracelet
- Celine Andrea Sunglasses
- Rebecca Minkoff Bag
I cannot believe almost thanksgiving is a week away! The reality of a thanksgiving outfit is you want to be comfortable spending time with family around the dinner table for nonstop eating. I used to immediately regret wearing pants that are too tight after a turkey day meal when I was younger, so once I was able to buy my own clothes I planned my attire properly. Stretchy fabric and material that “gives” (pun intended) was a necessity, I wanted to enjoy my day of feasting and being grateful with my family.
Yesterday’s look is a good place to start:
My most recent post brings in the leopard trend to this look. Don’t let the jeans deceive you as they are stretchy & very comfortable. Take off the leather jacket and you have a comfortable and stylish look for Thanksgiving Day.
Above are some more of my looks that could be potential thanksgiving day looks. All of these looks can be found in my recent blog posts.
Never forget to consider a dress…which stretches. Although I am wearing a sleeveless dress in one of my suggestions you can incorporate a long sleeve dress like this one here from Express or Nordstrom rack option here.
My Joggers would have to be my top pick for a thanksgiving outfit. An altenerate way to style this look is by adding a black sweater over the tank or even a plain black tee. Recently I wore this look to work, and paired it with my peep toe ankle booties from my green vest look. It was definitely an option for my own Turkey Day look…
Another suggestion would be to wear a tunic, last year I wore a sweater tunic from Dynamite and leggings with a leather side panel. Not only was I comfortable but the outfit looked dressier than expected.
Below are some more options that you can use for your turkey day look:
- Express fitted crew neck sweater
- Express cold shoulder sweater
- Free people off the shoulder sweater
- Free people baby doll sweater dress
- Dynamite Mixed Fabric Shirt
- Dynamite Sweater with mesh insert
- Dynamite Sweater Tunic
- Dynamite High Rise Leggings (Comes in multiple colors)
- Express Faux Suede ankle zip leggings
- Full tilt Dusty Floral Dress
- Taylor & Rose Floral Dress
- Blu Pepper Cowl Neck Sweater Dress
- American Eagle soft cardigan
- Amazon Blanket Scarf
- Amazon Lace Up Sweater Dress
- Amazon Lace Up High Low Sweater
- Forever 21 Geo-Pattern Faux Fur Vest
- Forever 21 Oversized Faux Fur Pink Coat
- Charlotte Russe Faux Fur Vest
All of these options can be easily mixed and matched with each other. Also don’t be afraid to search on Amazon… recently I had been looking for a Lace Up Sweater and was shocked to see the difference in prices for these. They are extremely popular among many bloggers I follow & they look so cozy. All about comfort on this blog!
I know included some Pink items as well but don’t forget pink was a popular color on the fall/winter 16 runways. Personally I think it’s a nice trend to experiment with, it’s also very different from the typical fall colors.
I will be posting my Thanksgiving look next Thursday live from the feast at my home! Stay tuned for my look!
Leopard. Ah, one of the many fall trends. Fun fact: I’ve had this scarf for many years now. I believe that a little animal print added into your wardrobe is a good thing, but in moderation of course. We don’t want to end up like Scary Spice now.
These American Eagle booties I got on sale LAST black friday, my cousin was wearing them and of course having to do everything that my older cousins do – I JUST HAD TO HAVE THEM. Luckily she shares my sense of style and my knack for sales. These were a definite score and I got a lot of use out of them, currently sliding into season 2 with these booties.
I also decided that there was a lack of light in my photos so I went where there was light…
- Express One Eleven Sweater in Army Green (last season) : Similar Express sweater here
- Express mid-rise legging jeans
- Forever 21 Cropped Leather Jacket (closet archives) : Leather Jacket Option 1 or Leather Jacket Option 2
- Leopard Scarf (closet archives) : Amazon Option 1 or Amazon Option 2
- AE Buckle Heeled Booties
And this wouldn’t be a Jaclyn Hill inspired look without some hoop earrings, am I right girl?
- Dynamite Hoop Earrings (sold out) : Charming Charlie Hoop Earrings but we know our girl Jaclyn gets her hoops from Claire’s
- MAC Cosmetics Viva La Glam 1 Matte Red
I’d like to dedicate this blog post to my good friend Nicole, this post is for you my leopard print lover!! ❤️
Even Wednesday Addams can’t believe it…
I TOLD YOU I LIKE THIS SWEATER. They say if you really like a top to buy it in more than one color. NOT EVERY SINGLE COLOR. But one other color. I’ve been gravitating towards green. My collection of this color is growing. I can’t help it.. and I bet half of you reading do the same thing. Join the club..
So in today’s pictures if you can’t tell I just felt like sitting down in the leaves. Ah, to be a kid again… and boy did it feel freeing! Until my neighbor walked by and many cars with people staring at me. Dedication to be a kid at heart and get your perfect self timed picture..
- Express slashed back sweater in green
- Dynamite Black knee ripped jeans sold out – option from Lulu’s or option from Macy’s or option from ASOS
- Call It Spring Moto Boots from my closet archives – Guess option here and H&M option here
- Ray-Ban Original Wayfarer Classic
I like it too Debbie.. the only time I will ever agree with you.
Oh and ask me if I care I posted a similar look about a week ago…
Hope you enjoyed reading todays repeat offender blog post…
I know I enjoyed writing it 😉