Layers. Its key to almost every in between season. Layers are great to wear because if it gets warmer you can take the bulkier layers off and still be comfortable. Or if it gets a little colder you can add the layers on to stay a little warmer. I’ve been seeing so many bloggers layer looks especially with slip dresses and slip tops. Although I only have a slip dress, I didn’t want to waste money by purchasing another top that would just be in my closet for one specific look. Converting my slip dress into a slip top was easy.. I just tucked it into my jeans. The material is thin enough where it wouldn’t bulk up and look funny which made life so much easier. I recently got this simple top from Zara, of course I have it in black too. I am trying my best to stay clear of buying black clothing items since I have SO MANY already. This was a compromise since gray is in the same color family of my favorite color to wear.
I wanted to keep with the trends of the fishnets under the jeans look, it was some what strange to wear. Despite the fishnets being thin, it is still another layer… underneath your jeans. My jeans are ripped at the knee so its a cute little pop that you’d see when I’m walking or sitting down. Its a fun little surprise to my outfit that most might not see immediately. Wearing my trusty leather jacket draped over my shoulders has been my go to look for the past 2 seasons (I’m counting winter as almost over with that quick warm weather we got). This changes the entire look and I highly recommend trying it out… just not walking around on a cold winter day. It looks cute, but doesn’t feel so cute as your getting a blast of cold winter air in your face and chest.
Accessorizing this was rather easy and I wanted to keep things simple. My velvet choker added another fabric style to the mix and my Dynamite layered necklace. Of course I had to wear my Quay Australia Vivenne glasses. I love them dearly. Also because it was so windy out my eyes were tearing… it was so bad that my liquid liner was smudging terribly and my makeup was making its way onto my contact lenses! Not sure if this has ever happened to any one else before but it has happened to me way too often that I know what to do. And that was to cut my photoshoot short and fix my lenses haha!
- Zara V-Neck Ribbed T Shirt
- Urban Outfitters Slip Dress (also worn in my Slip into this trend post)
- Dynamite Knee Ripped Jeans (unavailable) | Similar styles: Dynamite Distressed Jeans, ASOS Busted Knee Jeans, American Eagle Distressed Jeggings |
- Steve Madden Edit Booties
- Fishnet Stockings (originally from H&M) | Hot Topic Fishnet Stockings
- Dynamite Faux Leather Jacket (unavailable) | Similar styles: Dynamite Light Weight Faux Leather Jacket, Missguided Faux Leather Jacket, Target Faux Leather Jacket |
- Urban Outfitters Velvet Choker
- Dynamite Chain Necklace (closet archives) | Similar styles: Express nested bar charm necklace or Charming Charlie Chained layered necklace | Lulu’s Velvet Chocker & Chain Necklace Set |
- Quay Australia Vivienne